Thursday, May 15, 2014

Easy Taco Dip

 I think most people would agree with me when I say that "party food" is some of the most comforting/delicious food there is.  Meatballs, guacamole, pigs-in-a-blanket, and this taco dip fit the bill!  I think the fact that I know it's not good for me is what makes it so good, ya know?  I feel a little bit devilish piling my plate high with all these delectable goodies and getting to call it dinner, who's with me!?  
This is one of those dishes I hadn't made in awhile because all of the layers made me think it was difficult for some reason...ppffffft. This is possibly one of the easiest, most delicious, sure-to-be-a-crowd-pleasing appetizers out there. You don't even have to turn on the oven!

So whip this up for your next shin-dig, tear open a bag of tortilla chips and call it a day! Or just eat it straight out of the pan by the spoonful...I won't tell :)


Easy Taco Dip:
1 can of refried beans
8 oz container of sour cream (want to make it a leetle bit healthier? opt for the low fat versions!)
6 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
8 oz container of your favorite salsa
1 C. finely chopped lettuce
1 C. mexican blend shredded cheese
green onions and olives optional

All of these measurements are suggestions, just go with what looks good to you.
  • Start out by evenly spreading a layer of refried beans in the bottom of a 9X13 pan
  • In a separate bowl beat together sour cream, cream cheese and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning  (more or less) until creamy
  • Spread cream cheese mixture over the refried beans
  • Next layer on your favorite salsa...however much looks good to you!
  • Then finish out the remaining layers of lettuce, shredded cheese, and green onions/olives if you're into that sort of thing
  • Open a bag of tortilla chips and get stuck in!
Won't be serving your taco dip for a few hours?? Be sure to pop it in the fridge to chill.

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff! And I agree - party food is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...