I think most people would agree with me when I say that "party food" is some of the most comforting/delicious food there is. Meatballs, guacamole, pigs-in-a-blanket, and this taco dip fit the bill! I think the fact that I know it's not good for me is what makes it so good, ya know? I feel a little bit devilish piling my plate high with all these delectable goodies and getting to call it dinner, who's with me!?
This is one of those dishes I hadn't made in awhile because all of the layers made me think it was difficult for some reason...ppffffft. This is possibly one of the easiest, most delicious, sure-to-be-a-crowd-pleasing appetizers out there. You don't even have to turn on the oven!
So whip this up for your next shin-dig, tear open a bag of tortilla chips and call it a day! Or just eat it straight out of the pan by the spoonful...I won't tell :)
Easy Taco Dip:
1 can of refried beans
8 oz container of sour cream (want to make it a leetle bit healthier? opt for the low fat versions!)
6 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
8 oz container of your favorite salsa
1 C. finely chopped lettuce
1 C. mexican blend shredded cheese
green onions and olives optional
All of these measurements are suggestions, just go with what looks good to you.
- Start out by evenly spreading a layer of refried beans in the bottom of a 9X13 pan
- In a separate bowl beat together sour cream, cream cheese and 1/2 packet of taco seasoning (more or less) until creamy
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the refried beans
- Next layer on your favorite salsa...however much looks good to you!
- Then finish out the remaining layers of lettuce, shredded cheese, and green onions/olives if you're into that sort of thing
- Open a bag of tortilla chips and get stuck in!