On snow days there is nothing I love more than baking. There is something about being in a warm, cozy kitchen with the sweet smell of cookies baking, or bread rising while the snow falls softly outside the window. When my sister and I were little our mom would always make us cinnamon & sugar toast with hot chocolate when we came inside from playing in the snow. So last week when the big snow storm came through I knew exactly what I wanted to bake...homemade cinnamon swirl bread! I've made this recipe a few times and it never fails to impress!
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 1/2 C. flour
1/3 C. sugar
2 Tbs yeast
1 C. buttermilk
1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. water
2 Tbs. cinnamon
- Heat milk. water, & butter in medium saucepan
-Mix flour, sugar, salt, & yeast in a stand mixing bowl
- Add eggs & warm liquids to flour mixture. Using the dough hook attachment knead the mixture for 3-5 minutes
- Place dough in a greased bowl & cover. Let rise 35-45 minutes
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
-Roll into rectangles (it's good to set your bread pan alongside the dough to know what width your rectangle should be)
- Cover dough with a couple Tbs of melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon (& sugar if you so desire). Make sure you reach all the way to the edges.
- Roll up your dough & place seam side down in a greased pan
-Bake at 375* for 30-40 minutes
- Let set for about 20 minutes after baking before you slice it...otherwise all the ooey gooey buttery cinnamon goodness will leak out all over the place :)
-Serve warm with a cold glass of milk...enjoy!